The Cybersecurity Registered Apprenticeship Program matches apprenticeship candidates with Virginia companies who need to supplement their own cybersecurity workforce with employees who are eager to enter this career path.
The program combines a one-year apprenticeship program with in-depth competency-based, online cybersecurity training. This structured, self-paced training program aligns with the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education and covers areas such as Foundations of Cybersecurity, Data and Access Controls, and Cyber Defense. The Virginia Department of Labor & Industry recognized CivilianCyber as the only approved full Registered Apprenticeship program for cybersecurity. After completing the program, the apprentice will be certified by the Department of Labor as a cybersecurity professional as well as being awarded an accredited higher education certificate/degree in cybersecurity.
• Grow your company’s workforce cost-effectively.
• Supplement your internal cyber capabilities and increase your own company’s security.
• Provide a deserving individual with a new career path.
• Help grow the cybersecurity workforce in Virginia.
Sponsorship requirements include:
• Making a one-year commitment to bring an apprentice into your organization.
• Providing them with compensation in the range of $15/hour.
• A minimum of 20 hours a week as an employee.
• An annual contribution to help underwrite the program and training. Additional scholarship funding may be available as well.